[ACE] CLI hang upon creating a project

I have a similar issue to the one mentioned here: [AC-1267] - Ecosystem Jira but that never received a proper solution.

What happens is that, upon creating a new ACE project from the command line, as soon as the option ‘select a product’ pops up and a random product is select and confirmed by pressing enter, the command prompt just hangs. It doesn’t freeze but nothing happens either.

I’ve tried several things like removing the ACE package and doing a clean install and even reinstalling Node and NPM. I have also tested it in different directories on my filesystem but nothing seems to fix the issue.

@aborger

1. What OS are you running?
  2. And it hangs on any selected product?
  3. What version of ACE are you running? (atlas-connect --version)

Hi,

1. I am running Windows 10 Pro
  2. It hangs on all the selected products
  3. That’d be 0.6.6

I’m experiencing exactly the same issue on Windows 10, atlas-connect@0.6.6.

Would certainly help if there was some way of seeing any logs or activity in the background, but nothing… it just hangs

Any fix found? Same issue here. Win 10, atlas-connect 0.6.6

Wow documentation for atlas-connect sucks…

Seems to be an undocumented switch you can try:
atlas-connect -t confluence myapp

This doesn’t hang and creates the structure needed. The types appear to be the same as presented in the list if you don’t use the -t flag.

HTH

2 Likes

I found the same thing last week but for jira [atlas-connect -t jira myapp].

I was also finding that it was hanging at some unknown step that seemed to be at the END of the setup process, so once you quit out of the batch setup run you were actually good to go

Anyone figure this issue out? Having the same issue, npm is up-to-date, and I tried the -t flag, but now it just does nothing and exits back to the terminal. Seems like it skipped everything else, cause no project or any files were created. I noticed a lot of deprecation warnings when installing ACE itself, is the ACE project up-to-date?

npm i -g atlas-connect

npm WARN deprecated request@2.74.0: request has been deprecated, see https://github.com/request/request/issues/3142
npm WARN deprecated mkdirp@0.5.4: Legacy versions of mkdirp are no longer supported. Please update to mkdirp 1.x. (Note that the API surface has changed to use Promises in 1.x.)
npm WARN deprecated json-parser@1.1.5: `json-parser` is deprecated. Please use `comment-json` instead
npm WARN deprecated circular-json@0.3.3: CircularJSON is in maintenance only, flatted is its successor.
npm WARN deprecated hawk@3.1.3: This module moved to @hapi/hawk. Please make sure to switch over as this distribution is no longer supported and may contain bugs and critical security issues.
npm WARN deprecated node-uuid@1.4.8: Use uuid module instead
npm WARN deprecated cryptiles@2.0.5: This version has been deprecated in accordance with the hapi support policy (hapi.im/support). Please upgrade to the latest version to get the best features, bug fixes, and security patches. If you are unable to upgrade at this time, paid support is available for older versions (hapi.im/commercial).
npm WARN deprecated sntp@1.0.9: This module moved to @hapi/sntp. Please make sure to switch over as this distribution is no longer supported and may contain bugs and critical security issues.
npm WARN deprecated boom@2.10.1: This version has been deprecated in accordance with the hapi support policy (hapi.im/support). Please upgrade to the latest version to get the best features, bug fixes, and security patches. If you are unable to upgrade at this time, paid support is available for older versions (hapi.im/commercial).
npm WARN deprecated hoek@2.16.3: This version has been deprecated in accordance with the hapi support policy (hapi.im/support). Please upgrade to the latest version to get the best features, bug fixes, and security patches. If you are unable to upgrade at this time, paid support is available for older versions (hapi.im/commercial).
C:\Users\jemoor\AppData\Roaming\npm\atlas-connect -> C:\Users\jemoor\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\atlas-connect\bin\atlas-connect
C:\Users\jemoor\AppData\Roaming\npm\atlas-connect-new -> C:\Users\jemoor\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\atlas-connect\bin\atlas-connect-new
npm WARN notsup Unsupported engine for got@5.7.1: wanted: {"node":">=0.10.0 <7"} (current: {"node":"13.11.0","npm":"6.13.7"})
npm WARN notsup Not compatible with your version of node/npm: got@5.7.1

+ atlas-connect@0.6.6
updated 1 package in 13.486s

Just want to note that everyone else has been suggesting the -t flag, but kept giving examples without the “new” argument. It turns out you need that still, otherwise it still hangs. The correct syntax is:

atlas-connect -t <type> new <project>

This is what finally worked for me

6 Likes

It didn’t worked for me either, i hangs indefinitely atlas-connect new

Does anyone has workaround for this ?

Apologies all for the slowness to respond. @abhiram did you try the workaround above, supplying the template name and project name in the command arguments? For example:

atlas-connect new -t jira my-app-name

In any case, I think I’ve tracked the issue down and have raised this PR in an attempt to fix it.

Cheers,
James Hazelwood

I’ve published a new version with the fix. Please let me know if you still encounter this issue.