Add a button instead of dropdown list in jira scrum board

I try to add a button at the top right corner of the Jira board using the following config:

"location": "jira.agile.board.tools"

However, it seems like I can only add dropdown list. Does Jira not support button for a plugin? Sounds a bit strange to me.

In the Boards documentation, it says: “You can add a drop-down menu or button to a board, next to the Boards menu.”

2 Likes

hey @wjrjerome, I’m having the same problem to this now. did you find a way to render it as a button instead of a drop-down?

I also have this same question after wanting to add a button to the “jira.agile.board.tools” location. The docs make it sound like it’s possible: “You can add a drop-down menu or button to a board, next to the Boards menu.” - but I can’t seem to find a way.

@mszerszynski / @kkercz apologies for tagging you both, you’re the best experts I know on all things Cloud…

Essentially we want to add a button like how automation has its “lightning-bolt” icon for agile boards on Company-managed projects, if it’s possible for Cloud apps to do so…

1 Like

Hi @RyanRules1 ,

There are differences in what is supported between company-managed and team-managed project boards. Company-managed project boards allow apps to define drop down menus whilst the team-managed project boards support the addition of buttons. I’ve created a demo for the latter at https://glitch.com/edit/#!/dx-sw-board-tools-web-item-app?path=connect.json%3A30%3A0 which you can install using the URL https://dx-sw-board-tools-web-item-app.glitch.me/connect.json.

Regards,
Dugald

3 Likes

Hi @dmorrow ,

Really appreciate you taking the time to respond and provide the demos!

Just to confirm one last thing, the “Automation lightning-bolt” button / feature - which appears/works on both company-managed and team-managed boards, this is bespoke to Jira and not available to apps to use?

Thanks,

Ryan

1 Like

Hi @RyanRules1 ,

I think the automation button and dropdown is a bespoke feature of Jira, but I’ll double check and get back to you.

Regards,
Dugald

Hi @RyanRules1 ,

I have confirmation back from the automation team that their button is a bespoke feature of Jira.

Regards,
Dugald

2 Likes

Hi @dmorrow , thank you - I appreciate you asking around to confirm! I’m happy to consider my question resolved :+1:

2 Likes