Adding general page to bitbucket through atlassian connect app

Hello fellow devs,

I am struggling to add general page to Bitbucket using Atlassian Connect as described here General Page

My example:

// ... some atlassian connect descriptor body...
    generalPage: [
      {
        key: 'atlas-bot-test-general-page',
        name: {
          value: 'test general page'
        },
        url: '/someurl?someParam=someValue'
      }
    ],
// ... some atlassian connect descriptor body...

Bitbucket consumes the descriptor properly (with generalPage or generalPages property as well). But there is no new menu entry in workspace on which the addon is installed.

I assume that after migration to workspaces this may work differently, even though - is there any link I can build to access such general page directly?

Regards,
Piotr

Hi @piotr.bojko,

Pretty sure that you have to manually add a web-item that links to your generalPage so that your users can find it. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Sven

Yeah, I got a working web item but following docs on linking to a page this snippet does not work. When refreshing a descriptor in console Bitbucket shows “Something went wrong” message.

webItems: [
      {
        url: 'atlas-bot-test-general-page',
          value: "Example Web Item"
        },
        key: "fjierjfeifjiewjofjweo",
        context: 'page',
      }
    ],
    generalPages: [
      {
        key: 'atlas-bot-test-general-page',
          value: 'test general page'
        },
        url: '/someurl'
      }
    ],

Hi! Might be a late response but we had a similar issue you had, but found that a repository page worked and suited us better and might work for your use case, i.e.:

"repoPage": [
      {
        "key": "atlas-bot-test-general-page",
        "url": "/someurl",
        "location": "org.bitbucket.repository.navigation",
        "name": {
          "value": "test general page"
        }
      }
    ]

Has anyone been able to create a general page and view it successfully?

For my use case, a repository page is not going to work unfortunately @nhur :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, we have got it working. We are using in as a body for a popup and invoking with ap scripts - Dialog

Oh, awesome :slight_smile: But you were not able to get it displaying in the main navigation as per the docs:

By default a link to the page is displayed in the main navigation menu.

Is that correct? :slight_smile:

1 Like

It seems that raw generalpage does not being displayed under main navigation menu. :slight_smile:
we are displaying it as a body of AP popup.

There is a post by Atlassian here https://groups.google.com/g/atlassian-connect-dev/c/qxONPLF2aQQ/m/sh1W6H6-BAAJ
Which confirms that generalPages is not available even though officially documented.