Allows the creation of pages with the same title within a space

Hi there,

Is it possible to build a Forge app that enables Confluence to accept pages in the same space with the same name? Then, the advanced search shows you the parent page(s) in the search results.

Thanks in advance,

Joel

Hi, @JoelOutschoorn, welcome to the Atlassian Developer Community!

This functionality is currently not possible as page titles/names within the same space should be unique.

Cheers,
Ian

Hi @iragudo,

Thank you for your reply!

So just to confirm, using Forge, we are unable to add a prefix to the page title (i.e., the parent pages so the title will look like parent-pages > page-title), which would be unique in the space. Then, we hide the prefix to the end-user by some front-end manipulations (so the end-users only see page-title?

Thanks again for your help,

Joel

Hi @JoelOutschoorn ,

I did not catch this question in the original post. To clarify this use case, if you want to add a prefix as part of the page title to make it unique in the space, then this can be done when creating a new content (in your case, a page).

For this scenario, I have not done this and am not sure about its feasibility. This would also depend on which views you are trying to manipulate (space sidebar, search results, the page itself, etc.).

Cheers,
Ian

Hi @iragudo,

So we would want to use the prefix > page-title to ensure that the pages are unique, but then manipulate the display so only the page-title is visible to end-users, both in the space sidebar and page itself.

Thanks,

Joel

Hi @iragudo,

A follow-up question, do you know if we could change the search results to also show the parent pages. For example, currently if you searched “page-name”, the search results provide:

• “page-name”

Could we change the search results, to show:

• “parent-pages > page-name” ?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Joel

Hi @JoelOutschoorn,

I reached out to the team and confirmed that displaying the page title differently to a user while keeping the original title is currently not possible.

Hope this helps.
Ian

Hi @iragudo,

It has most definitely been helpful, thank you!

One final question, do you know if we could change the search results to also show the parent pages. For example, currently if you searched “page-name”, the search results provide:

• “page-name”

Could we change the search results, to show:

• “parent-pages > page-name” ?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Joel

Hi @JoelOutschoorn,

The search results cannot be changed as such, unfortunately. However, the parent page and space are already being displayed in the search results

Cheers,
Ian

Hi @iragudo,

Thanks for clarifying :slight_smile:

Joel