Any updates on Replacement of glance panels in Jira’s new issue view?

Hi :wave: @LorettaBrunette ,
I wanted to ask if there are any updates to the timeline on the updates to the Jira Issue Glance panel.
I was really excited to see the new design and we’re waiting to apply these changes to our apps :blush:

I was watching this announcement by @LorettaBrunette where the expected timeline for the release was April this year but I couldn’t find anything in the change log. Are there any updates on this?

Thank you so much!
https://community.developer.atlassian.com/t/replacement-of-glance-panels-in-jiras-new-issue-view/56191/18

2 Likes

Hi @Nikki-jexo ,

I believe @LorettaBrunette has moved team so I am chasing up the right person to provide you with a response.

Regards,
Dugald

1 Like

Hi @Nikki-jexo There has been some delay in launching the Collapsible Group Panel that will replace the Jira Issue Glance panel. We are hoping to have the documentation for the new extension point available in late September and the extension point live a few weeks later. At that time, we will deprecate the old API by posting a deprecation notice in the relevant changelogs (e.g Jira Cloud Platform changelog).

Thanks,
Ahmud
PM Jira Issue View

2 Likes

Hi @Nikki-jexo ,

If you haven’t already, you may like to subscribe to the changelogs you’re interested in via the changelog RSS feature so you don’t miss out on important changes. Another idea is to add the feeds with your Slack group, etc.

Thanks for pointing out that we hadn’t provided an update on this.

Regards,
Dugald

1 Like

Thank you @dmorrow & @AhmudAuleear for such a speedy reply!

We did RSS to the updates to watch the changes, thank you :eyes:

Looking forward to the glance panel replacement, if you would like to get some partners to test prior to the release let me know. We’re interested :blush:

1 Like

Is there any news on documentation and rollout since August 2022?

I see that there’s an EAP going on, but otherwise radio silence.

@AhmudAuleear

I tried to participate in the EAP, but there was no information / reply yet

1 Like

Hey Atlassians, has anyone seen @AhmudAuleear? He appears to be the only contact for this feature and getting on the EAP.

Also looking for answers here too :upside_down_face::

Cc: @dmorrow, @ibuchanan, @bentley, @JakubMierzewski, @BartoszCytrowski

1 Like

:wave: Thanks for the ping. Looking for the right folks to jump in now.

2 Likes

Hi,

Sorry for the silence. We were scheduled to release the endpoint but we were delayed till now. We have scheduled the release of the Issue Context API in early March and are confident we meet that launch date. @david I’ve just pinged our feature lead who will respond to your question in that post.

@m.herrmann Apologies, I missed your message to participate in the EAP. We are finishing the EAP now.

Best,

Ahmud

1 Like

Hi @david,

We have now released the new extension point, the issue context API, to replace our current glance API. Check out the docs to explore how to adopt the the issue context API:https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/modules/issue-context/

Let me know if you have any feedback.

Thanks,

Ahmud

1 Like