API v3 roll-out date?

Hi! Sorry if I’m missing something obvious, but is there a date available somewhere for Jira Cloud REST API v3 roll-out and/or v2 deprecation?

We depend heavily on some endpoints and one of them doesn’t work the same in v2 vs v3. Actually, it doesn’t seem to work at all in v3 yet (and no, it’s not about GDPR :)). There is a topic about this particular endpoint with not so much of a progress in it yet, but we are getting nervous as to whether we will be forced to migrate anytime soon.

The documentation still mentions API v3 as being in beta, but beside that I haven’t found any information about the expected dates of v3 launch and/or v2 deprecation. Is there any current status info available?

7 Likes

@acalantog, @epehrson, @nmansilla, @ibuchanan, @rwhitbeck

Hi Guys,

Can any of you provide some guidance about API v3? Any timeframe when that will happen? And how do we ensure that the problematic API will be fixed before the final deployment?

We just want to be ready for it and not be caught with our pants down :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hi @yvesriel and @k.menshov,

Thanks for pointing this to us and apologies for any inconvenience. May I know which particular endpoint this is?

Cheers,
Anne

1 Like

Hi @acalantog!

It’s
PUT /rest/api/3/issue/{issueId}

when trying to set a custom field content with it, it returns:

{"errorMessages":[],"errors":{"customfield_10536":"Operation value must be an object"}}

The issue is described in more details here, but with no visible progress yet. (

Kirill

Hi @yvesriel and @k.menshov ,

Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

Regarding the endpoint, in the case that the custom field is a multi-line text field, you are required to provide an Atlassian Document (see the Atlassian Document Format: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/apis/document/structure/).

However, for the case that the custom field is a single line text field, we will have this bug resolved asap

As of yet, there have been no announcements on when v2 will be deprecated. It is not expected to be deprecated within 2019, and there will also be a 6 month deprecation period. v2 will only be deprecated once v3 is no longer in beta, for which a few pieces of functionality are yet to be added.

Cheers,

Nehal

2 Likes

Hi Nehal,
awesome, thank you for the update!

1 Like