App listed in “Apps” menu in Forge Custom UI

Is it possible As mentioned in here about new navigation in Jira, how can I get my app listed right within the dropdown options of “Apps” menu using in Forge Custom UI?

I don’t see any modules for this in Jira except jira:projectpage which shows on the left hand navigation and NOT the top apps menu.

2 Likes

I do not think that you can have an app show up in the Popular Apps section. However, there is a Connect module that allows an app to show up under the Apps dropdown:

The module used to do this is from Home Container and using the generalPages module: Home container

However, a look at the page tracking Connect modules that have been ported to Forge (https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/forge/connect-module-equivalents/), it looks like generalPages hasn’t been ported over but is at the top of the “Up Next” list.

So not something that can be achieved as of today.

1 Like

Thanks for the prompt response! Yes, thats exactly what I was looking for, allowing the app to show up under the ‘Apps’ dropdown.

I know it is possible in connect but found no documentation how to do it in Forge, glad I got clarification for that. Will keep my eyes on the page and future releases.

1 Like

For me is the option very interesting too.

@KankeIshaku: did you the solution with the connect App or you still waiting?