Append to a page - confluence cloud

Hi there,

I’m running into errors when trying to update a page via API - essentially I am wanting to automatically update the page to link to the latest team meeting (pulled from google drive), but also include all the content that was previously on the page.

So, I have retrieved all of the page content via ‘GET’, and am including it in my ‘PUT’ request. It looks like this:

{
    "version": {
        "number": "47"
    },
"title": "Existing title",
    "type": "page",
    "body": {
        "storage": {
            "value": "<p><strong>06 May</strong></p><p>Topics:</p>",
            "representation": "storage"
        }
    }
}

But of course, a much longer body of content already exists.

I am not even inserting new content yet. But I receive the following error when testing just this:

org.codehaus.jackson.JsonParseException: Unexpected character ('h' (code 104)): was expecting comma to separate OBJECT entries
 at [Source: com.atlassian.plugins.rest.common.limitrequest.jersey.LimitingRequestFilter$1@51bd8a42; line: 9, column: 432]

As far as I can tell, this unexpected character exists within the body that I have bought across… and I would have expected anything pulled from a GET request would be fine to put into a PUT request…

Can you see any errors in my code? Has anyone achieved an ‘append’ outcome before?

Thanks

Can you expand more on how you’re making the PUT request? Maybe share the snippet of code that is making the request? It sounds like it might be an encoding error. In which case your payload isn’t wrong, but the way you’re sending the payload might not be correct.