Are there possibilities to pre-fill links of issue?

Hello!

I am starting doing my first step at learning Atlassian forge. I hope somebody could help me :slight_smile:

I am trying to development app that could be call create issue dialog with pre-filled fields (links, components). Values of fields should get from issue where user call button “create link issue”.

if I understood correctly for calling of create issue dialog I could use createIssueModal. Is it correct way ?

Or better way use uiModifications

In general I would be very appreciate for any references and support in learning Atlassian Forge

Hi @AleksandrBedovyi

I am trying to development app that could be call create issue dialog with pre-filled fields

In that case it is better to use CreateIssueModal

1. Use e.g. REST API to get data about the current issue.
  2. Run createIssueModal with prefilled data.

Cheers,
Marcin

@MarcinKonopka thanks a lot for faster response

Do I understand correctly that CreateIssueModal provide possibilities for pre-filled links ? I look at the docs but couldn’t catch how context should be look when I try pre-filled links.

Hi @AleksandrBedovyi,

Do you mean “linked issues”?
If so, unfortunately, this is not supported in both modules.

Thanks,
Marcin

@MarcinKonopka Sorry , I had should be more clear)
Yes, I meant “linked issue”.
Are there workaround for pre-filled “linked issue” and maybe do you have provide this in the future?

Hi @AleksandrBedovyi,

Autofilling for linked issues in the issue create modal is not yet supported. You may find the full list of supported fields in the Class signature section.

Thanks,
Vitalii

@vpetrychuk thanks for additional info.

I understood correctly that support autofilling for linked issue in CreateIssueModal is included in roadmap?

1 Like

Correct

2 Likes