Atlas-remote-tests with TestRunner and Scanner 2.x not working

I’ve started plugin development for confluence and using test runner and scanner in version 2.x, in order to use annotations and get rid of xml entries. The specific versions are:

<plugin.testrunner.version>2.0.1</plugin.testrunner.version>
atlassian.spring.scanner.version>2.1.6</atlassian.spring.scanner.version>

The plugin can be installed and the one and only servlet is responding. I’m using ‘atlas-remote-tests’ in order to speed up integration testing, but the atlas SDK command throws:

Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.842 sec <<< FAILURE!
it.net.bytesource.pagesynchronizer.ConfigServletWiredTest  Time elapsed: 0.841 sec  <<< ERROR!
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not find resource for test [http://confluencedemo.bytesourcecloud.com/rest/atlassiantestrunner/1.0/runtest/it.net.bytesource.pagesynchronizer.ConfigServletWiredTest]. Status: 404 - Not Found

On server side the logs show:

Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-plugins-osgi-testrunner-bundle [264]: Unable to resolve 264.0: missing requirement [264.0] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=org.junit)(version>=4.12.0))
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundleRevision(Felix.java:3974)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:2037)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.start(BundleImpl.java:955)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.start(BundleImpl.java:942)
        at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin.enableInternal(OsgiPlugin.java:399)

Any ideas?

Well on a basic level, which you might already know, this error means that:

• the com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-plugins-osgi-testrunner-bundle plugin requires some other bundle in the OSGi container to provide the org.junit package, and
  • that package is not actually being provided by any bundle.

But why that might be the case, I can’t say without investigating further. Is the problem still happening? If so, could you please provide a minimal project that exhibits the problem?

Thanks,

Andrew
Server Java Platform team