Atlaskit TypeError: req.next is not a function

Hi everyone,

I’m new to atlaskit and react in general. I started out a project with ACE. Whilst modifying with the .jsx, at a point I face this error pasted before. and it reduces to go away even if i revert all my changes, uninstall the app and re-install it and even empty cache and hard reload in my browser.
Probably something is being cached but I’m completely lost and stuck here.

TypeError: req.next is not a function
at done (/Users/michael.dugah/Desktop/Atlassian/BusinessCentral/node_modules/express/lib/response.js:1007:25)
at tryRender (/Users/michael.dugah/Desktop/Atlassian/BusinessCentral/node_modules/express/lib/application.js:642:5)
at Function.render (/Users/michael.dugah/Desktop/Atlassian/BusinessCentral/node_modules/express/lib/application.js:592:3)
at ServerResponse.render (/Users/michael.dugah/Desktop/Atlassian/BusinessCentral/node_modules/express/lib/response.js:1012:7)
at /Users/michael.dugah/Desktop/Atlassian/BusinessCentral/routes/index.js:13:13
at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/Users/michael.dugah/Desktop/Atlassian/BusinessCentral/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)
at next (/Users/michael.dugah/Desktop/Atlassian/BusinessCentral/node_modules/express/lib/router/route.js:137:13)
at requestHandler (/Users/michael.dugah/Desktop/Atlassian/BusinessCentral/node_modules/atlassian-connect-express/lib/middleware/request.js:126:5)
at /Users/michael.dugah/Desktop/Atlassian/BusinessCentral/node_modules/atlassian-connect-express/lib/middleware/authentication.js:264:9

Any help or suggestions here is greatly, greatly needed and appreciated.

Hi @MichaelDugah,

First of all, welcome to our Developer Community.

It’s super hard (probably impossible) to tell what’s happening from the stack trace and resolve it.
Also there isn’t any caching once the app has been uninstalled and installed again. Just to confirm, are you doing that via the UI?

While this suggestions will not completely resolve the problem, they can help getting more familiar with ACE:

• If you have been trying a tutorial, you could try a different one.
  • You could copy the current code in a different folder, change the app key from the atlassian-connect.json file and run npm start from the new folder. This will install the app completely fresh.

If you are just getting started with Atlassian app development, have a look at Forge https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/forge. This is the “new way” of building apps and we have a few tutorials starting from here: https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/forge/build-a-hello-world-app-in-jira

Caterina

1 Like

Hi @ccurti

Thanks for the response. I was finally able to figure out what the problem was. For the sake of other that might come across the same problem. The issue was caused by mismatch versions of libraries from npm and yarn. I’m using only yarn now.

1 Like

Thank you @MichaelDugah and great job.

Really appreciate your contribution back to this community.