Atlassian Emails: Dunning

Does anyone know if the Atlassian Marketplace automatically sends out dunning emails? Specifically - for the case where the credit card on the account is expired - or will be expired when the license is renewed?

1 Like

Hi @adam, essentially not for credit card expiry dates. But for other aspects. First we send a number of renewal reminder emails on a set schedule (90, 60, 30, 15) for maintenance and annual cloud accounts (not for monthly accounts obviously). Then, if we attempt to charge a credit card on file - say at a renewal event - and the charge fails, we will send an email advising the customer to update their payment details. While there’s a bunch of forking in that email (for different products and specific cases) generally it advises that we’ll try again in a few days, otherwise the product is deactivated. We do not send emails only advising about an upcoming credit card expiry at this time, although we have done so at times in the past.

I’m curious about your interest?

Hope this helps, -nick

1 Like

@nwade - thanks - are the renewal emails you describe (90, 60, 30, 15) also for add-ons (not just Atlassian products)?

I’m curious about your interest?

No specific event - just seeing where there might be room for improvement in our emails to customers. In this specific case (credit card expirations) - we don’t have this information so we’re reliant on the Marketplace. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@adam - you’re welcome - those emails include Server add-ons that have a renewal within 90 days either side of the product renewal date. For Cloud add-ons they already pro-rate to the account and all of them are co-terminated with the account renewal.

I hope this info helped your research and thinking! -nick

1 Like