AUI documentations Required field is not working inside the Table tag for the select option label. please Help?

<form class="aui" action="FeedbackViewAction.jspa" method="post">
    <div>
      <div class="aui-group">                                       
            <div class="aui-item">  
    <table align = "center">				                      
     <tbody>
       <tr id="customerSurvey" rel="customer-survey" class="customerSurvey hover" colspan = "2">
           <td class="proj"><label for = "select2-project">Project:<span class="aui-icon icon-required"> required</span></label></td>
           <td class="project">                              	
                <select id="select2-project" name="project"> </select>
           </td>				                                   				                                   	                                    				                                   
       </tr>

Also help me how to pop up a message below the field or above, when the user is not giving the value for the required field

1 Like

It’s a combination of things happening. icon-required comes from the form part of aui. It really likes:
<div class="field-group"> so if you wrap your label with that things should work properly.

That said - any reason why you’re not just doing <form class="aui"> and skipping the table piece?

2 Likes

Thanks for reply. Actually i didn’t show you the entire code, i have used the class=“aui”, but i didn’t use “field-group” class.
After using the field group class, the table data is not aligned properly.

<td class="proj"><div class = "field-group"/><label for = "select2-project">Project:<span class="aui-icon icon-required"> required</span></label></td> 

My CSS.

.proj,.comm,.rate,.cContact,.datecust{
   text-align:right;
 }
1 Like

fixed it by adding width and float css attributes

1 Like