Bitbucket Client-side Extensions template - Build failed

Hello,

I came across the Bitbucket Client-side Extensions template and followed these instructions:
https://developer.atlassian.com/server/framework/clientside-extensions/guides/introduction/

I created an image in order to install Node 12.19, Maven 3.8.1, Java JDK 1.8 and Atlassian SDK 8.

Repository: GitHub - ehemmerlin/bitbucket-client-side-extensions

After typing the following commands, Bitbucket Server failed to start.

git clone git@bitbucket.org:atlassianlabs/bitbucket-client-side-extensions-template.git
cd bitbucket-client-side-extensions-template/
docker run -it -v $(pwd):/usr/src -w /usr/src ehemmerlin/bitbucket-client-side-extensions bash
atlas-package -DskipTests
atlas-run -DskipTests

Logs show these errors.

[ERROR] The "@label" annotation is deprecated. Please provide the "label" in your javascript code instead.
[ERROR] The "@link" annotation is deprecated. Please provide the "url" in your javascript code instead.
[ERROR] The "@label" annotation is deprecated. Please provide the "label" in your javascript code instead.
[ERROR] The "@link" annotation is deprecated. Please provide the "url" in your javascript code instead.
[ERROR] Client-side Extension: the schema for extension point "tutorial.extension.points" does not contain a ContextSchema definition.
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.atlassian.maven.plugins:bitbucket-maven-plugin:8.0.0:run (default-cli) on project bitbucket-plugin-template: Bitbucket Server failed to start: Java returned: 137  See log for details. -> [Help 1]

Any idea how to fix this and make the template work ?

I saw that @label and @link are deprecated since version 2.0: https://developer.atlassian.com/server/framework/clientside-extensions/reference/webpack-plugin/annotations/
The example code from the template repository uses Client-Side Extensions version 2.2.0, which could explain this issue ?

I haven’t seen this error so far but quickly looking at Google I think you are running out of memory.

From what I understand you are trying to run this code inside the Docker container, right? Maybe you need to increase Docker memory limits.

I don’t think the deprecation might be related to the issue you have with Java.

1 Like

Good catch @madamczak. I doubled the size of Docker Desktop’s memory and it worked like a charm. Sorry for the inconvenience as this issue was not related to Bitbucket and thanks for your help.

1 Like