Bitbucket web-item styleClasses

For web-item’s right now we can specify an auiIcon parameter which maps to the aui-iconfont classes. Will this be changing? It looks like it’s still supported from some quick experiments (and looking at other add-ons) but wasn’t sure if this would be the case in the future. Should I be looking at migrating to something else?

Example:
{"url":"/","location":"org.bitbucket.repository.actions","weight":1000,"context":"product","key":"web-item-1382","params":{"auiIcon":"aui-iconfont-down"},"name":{"value":"test"}},

Hi Daniel,

The aui-iconfont classes will be around and you will be able to use them for the foreseeable future as we will not be removing AUI; the Atlassian UI library; from Bitbucket in the short term. We are transitioning our front-end architecture to AtlasKit but this will likely be a while before we are able to remove AUI completely. We treat AUI as an API so if/when we decide to do that, there will be a deprecation/EOL notice on https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BITBUCKET/End+of+support+announcements+for+Bitbucket+Cloud with ample time for developers to make necessary changes to their add-ons before we remove it completely.

Hope this helps!

Jonathan Poh
Bitbucket Cloud developer

1 Like

So… I know this isn’t exactly relevant to to this thread but any chance of us getting those types of announcements for all of the systems in a single place. Or maybe announced here? I’ve got about 20 different places I have to visit each week otherwise :frowning: .

Hi Daniel,

Unfortunately all the product teams manage their own End of Support and API deprecation notices and there’s no central location that lists them all. However, if you’re subscribed to the product mailing lists or the blog RSS feed, we will usually send out a notice and/or post something on the blog in addition to listing it on that page.

In addition to updates on this page, notifications may include email, in-app messaging, API responses, and/or blog posts on blog.bitbucket.org.

Jonathan Poh
Bitbucket Cloud developer