Button on Jira Board

I am trying to get access to the actual dom of Jira. But I understand the add on just creates a frame within the dom–with zero access to actual dom elements.

Is there anyway to add a button on a ticket in kanban board view?

Hi Cameron,

Can you please give us some more detail, like which deployment platform of JIRA you are using (Cloud or Server) and if Server which version you are working on.

The more information you provide us with, the better we can answer the question.

Hi @pvandevoorde ,

I am working with Jira cloud.

Thanks for that information @cpriestley.

On JIRA Cloud you can only extend certain parts of the UI. Take a look here for all modules you can extend: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/software/about-jira-modules/

Unfortunately, the issue view on a board is not something you can extend.

You can create a menu a the top of the board using the Board Module, but that’s it.

@pvandevoorde,

Thanks for the info.

Do you think Jira will plan on extending the UI to the board?

I honestly don’t know.

@cpriestley can you be more specific? There are several web item locations where you can provide a button when viewing issues in a kanban board. The fastest way to discover them is to use @daniel’s fantastic Web Fragment Finder.

1 Like

Hi @dmeyer

I am looking to place a button or a field on the actual card panel.

Is this this possible?

Where exactly? Can you please use a screenshot?

Here is a screen shot. Is it possible to add features to the ticket panel?

No, it is not possible to add buttons directly to issue cards. The entire card is a button (that opens the issue details view on the right hand side of the screen).

@dmeyer,

Thanks for the info!