Can I create My own Database objects into JIRA cloud

Hi Everyone

I want to create my own database tables into JIRA cloud, can any one suggest me here, how can I make database configuration and how can I create database tables with my connect or forge apps.

:wave:
To answer the question about creating database tables into JIRA cloud, the answer is a simple and resounding no. There is no way to extend the Jira database in Cloud.

If you are using Atlassian Connect to develop your app, you can run your own database and create your own tables, although it is highly recommended to try and use Atlassian infrastructure (like Entity properties) to store any customer data. Keep in mind that, while lacking an official statement from Atlassian, the communis opinio is that Atlassian Connect is a defunct / deprecated platform.

When using Atlassian Forge (the new kid on the block) you can use the Forge Storage API to store data with Atlassian (recommended, even though Forge Storage API is very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very limited and the communis opinio is that Forge is 2 years from actually being GA even though Atlassian is pushing it HAAAARD) or enable external storage and use your own database (not recommended, but mostly required because Forge Storage API is very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very limited).

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Very much thanks for your reply, I can check Forge storage API. Thanks!