Can the Design System team please, pretty pretty please, come to their senses?

Hello everyone. I wanted to share an update related to this issue. The development team ran a PIR (Post Incident Review) meeting where we discussed the root cause of this problem and identified the action items that will help us avoid similar issues in the future.

We implemented a high-priority correction fix in the last weeks, and we will keep improving the post-deployment verification steps for the @atlaskit/* packages. On top of that, we will be running additional integration tests to ensure that packages can be used on Windows OS.

We also plan to include information about supported versions of the NodeJS runtime environment for each @atlaskit/* package.

@TonyGoughAdaptavist As for the problems related to Vite, we don’t officially support this bundler, with means we can’t guarantee there won’t be any issues in the future. However, if you find some issues, please don’t hesitate to raise those problems on the community portal, and we will do our best to answer them.

Thanks,
Maciej Adamczak
Atlassian Developer

2 Likes

@madamczak Understood, is there a list of supported bundlers ?

@TonyGoughAdaptavist The Design-System packages support webpack 4 currently, as far as I’m aware. The exact version of the package is webpack": "^4.41.3".

Atlassian developers and products started using Parcel 2 some time ago, so you could also consider using that bundler. Atlassian uses Parcel 2 in the Bitbucket production environment:

This means Parcel 2 is also supported.

I’m aware we don’t provide this information in public docs, and that’s one of the correction items identified during the PIR.