Case sensitivity in the Confluence macro name

Hey. Do you know if the macro names in Confluence are case sensitive? Not according to the documentation (https://developer.atlassian.com/server/confluence/macro-module/).

In our application, I defined an element in the application-plugin.xml file with the macro name ‘EasyMind’. In the VIEW mode of the Confluence page everything works fine, but in the EDIT mode the macro appears as Unknown macro: ‘easymind’ (lower case). See attachments.

When I change the name of the macro in the application-plugin.xml file to ‘easymind’ (lower case), everything works fine in VIEW and EDIT mode.

And that brings me to the fact that the name of the macro must be written in lower case. Is my assumption correct? Does anyone have similar experience with this?

Tomáš

Hi @Tomáš Kubíček,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian, and for providing the details of the case.

Regarding the question of whether the macro name is case sensitive, you’re correct. The macro name and also the macro key should be defined in lower case. In case you would like to check more information regarding the macros, the Create a Macro Element in Confluence of the Create a Confluence “Hello World” Macro tutorial has useful information about it, e.g. there’s a note confirming that they must be defined in lower case and other implementation steps.

Please inform me if you have any other questions we can assist you with.

Best regards,
Guilherme Bueno