Com.ctc.stax.WstxOutputFactory cannot be cast

Hi, I am trying to use -

final XMLOutputFactory2 xmlOutputFactory = (XMLOutputFactory2) XMLOutputFactory2.newInstance();//XMLOutputFactory.newInstance();
final XMLStreamWriter2 xmlStreamWriter = (XMLStreamWriter2) xmlOutputFactory.createXMLStreamWriter(new FileWriter(file));

Error I am getting -

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxOutputFactory cannot be cast to javax.xml.stream.XMLtputFactory

on line 1.

I have gone through -

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-26214

did not really understand any of them or what I am supposed to change.

Specific condition when I am getting this error -
When I am running my code in Http thread(i.e) the main thread code works fine, but when I am using a worker thread this error is thrown.

My pom.xml -

<dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.poi</groupId>
            <artifactId>poi-ooxml</artifactId>
            <version>3.17</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>com.ctc.wstx</groupId>
            <artifactId>woodstox-osgi</artifactId>
            <version>3.2.1.1</version>
        </dependency>

As I have told earlier that I only get error when I run this code asynchronously (i.e worker thread) and it was working fine on main thread. I worked around the code using class loader from main thread. I am not sure if that is a good thing or not. Can anyone tell me if the workaround is not messing something else.

final ClassLoader original = Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader();
        Thread.currentThread().setContextClassLoader(classLoader);
        final XMLOutputFactory2 xmlOutputFactory = (XMLOutputFactory2) XMLOutputFactory.newInstance();
        Thread.currentThread().setContextClassLoader(original);

Hi @saurabh.gupta, how do you get that class loader from the main thread? (the var classLoader in your example code) - Thx!

Update: I’ve used XMLOutputFactory2.class.getClassLoader() to access the “correct” classloader in my case. Overall, I’d be interested if the solution worked out well for you in production, or if you found another, better solution to this. I’ve also found this related Jira Issue [JRASERVER-26214] Can't use StAX from inside a plugins 2 plugin without embedded woodstox in the plugin. - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products.