Confluence 6.4 EAP has been released

Hi everyone,

A quick reminder that Confluence 6.4 EAP milestones are available now! EAP releases provide a snapshot of our work-in-progress and give you an opportunity to test and fix your add-ons before the final release.

We’ll be releasing regular milestones and betas during the development of Confluence 6.4, so head to Preparing for Confluence 6.4 to find out what’s changed. We’ll update that page each week with any notable changes.

Get the latest EAP

If you have any problems with an EAP release, please raise an issue to let us know. The earlier we know about problems, the more time we’ll have to fix them before the final release.

Enjoy!

3 Likes

Hi @rrobins,

we found that the Confluence 6.4 builds always redirect users to the dashboard when creating a new page but cancelling it. The previous versions redirected users back to the page they viewed before hitting the create button.
Do you know if that’s intended? It breaks our automated tests and we’re wondering if we need to adapt them or if it’s a bug you’re going to fix before the release.

Btw. when I want to create a new bug using the link you provided above I cannot enter a description (the field is missing on the create issue screen).

Cheers,
Jens

Oops! Thanks Jens, I had a stray line break in that link. I’ve fixed it now.

To answer your question, yes this is the intended behaviour. When a user exits a draft (a page that has never been published) using the Close button, we now return them to the Recently worked on list in the dashboard so they can either resume working on that draft immediatley, or work on something else. I’ll add some more info about this behaviour to the Preparing for 6.4 page as well.

1 Like