Confluence Macro - Custom Configuration UI

Is there a plan to support custom configuration UI? To give some context: I would like build out a rather rich configuration experience including live previews.

4 Likes

Hi @LaurinLessel,

We are aware of use cases for more free-form experiences in macro configuration, and are working towards finding a solution for it.

In the meantime, would you be able to help us understand what your rich configuration experience could include? For example, could you explain how your live previews would work, and why the existing macro configuration in the right side panel does not achieve this? This will help us ensure that we implement macro configuration in a way that enables you to achieve your use case.

1 Like

I have a similar need. In my case, I want to do things like:

• Provide a custom page picker component, so that my macro can select one or more pages of interest that it may gather data from
  • Provide other dynamic drop-downs that get data feeds from external sources
5 Likes

I’m not sure if this belongs in this thread. I’m trying to achieve what MacroConfig does but using CustomUI. Is that possible?

Hey @Naresh, currently it’s only possible to use UI kit to define your macro config. If you need to define a Custom UI macro config, could you explain your use case to help us appropriately prioritise making it possible and ensure we are enabling you to achieve your use case?

If you need to use a Custom UI macro with a UI kit macro config function, that is currently possible!

hi @kchan, could you provide some example? I want to build custom configuration UI.

Best regards