Confluence V2 API returns enum values in UPPER_CASE instead of lower_case like specified in the documentation

Hi there,

I noticed that the Confluence V2 API returns enum values in UPPER_CASE instead of lower_case like specified in the documentation. For example, this is the documentation for the status field in the response of the V2 Get Page By ID endpoint:

status
string
The status of the content.
Valid values: current, trashed, historical, deleted, any, draft, archived

However, the API response looks like this:

{
  "status": "CURRENT",
}

Same with the body formats such as storage / STORAGE and atlas_doc_format / ATLAS_DOC_FORMAT.

This is of course not a huge deal, but it is something everyone who writes validations using the values from the documentation will run into. Would be great if the V2 APIs returned the values in the same case as documented. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Sven

4 Likes

It is kind of a big deal to anyone who was planning on using the OpenAPI spec to generate a client for the v2 API (aka me), since the spec is also wrong. Would be great if we could actually rely on specs reflecting reality :o)

I have a dream, one day, Atlassian will validate that their APIs are compliant to their OpenAPI specs and the API documentation will be sync/based on the OpenAPI specs.

But of course, this is just a dream :sob:

Silvère

1 Like

Sorry about this oversight! This has now been standardized so all of our enums from V2 are returned in lowercase.

1 Like