Connect apps that are using various Connect modules will require READ scope

Thank you for taking the time to write such a considerate response and address all our concerns. I know Atlassian is working hard on improving communications with regard to changes.

I do wish to re-iterate that for me, this is another example of how the change logs are a bad way of announcing deprecation. If this wouldn’t have been posted on CDAC, we would not have been able to have this discussion. In addition, I think the change log format encourages taking communications shortcuts and hiding crucial information in info boxes. The courtesy CDAC post is a quick hit-and-run copy/paste job from the change logs instead of a more elaborate announcement that the CDAC format actually supports. I know that in the future, the CDAC posts will stop, and I’m wary that this will only mean that there will be more change logs type of announcements that will miss a lot of information & context of the changes.

It would really mean the world to me, and I expect other partners as well, if Atlassian would take a step back and re-evaluate the new content & communications strategy based on the recent examples (like the current post, but also this one) :pray:

4 Likes