Connect in SPA invitation

Hi,

We plan to introduce Connect into SPA (single-page application). It means that you will be allowed to make transitions between other single-page applications without a full page reload to make your experience with cloud apps smoother. If you are willing to help us test it, please fill out the form and leave us your cloud instance URL:

We plan to start testing it on 14th of October (Monday), by enabling the feature on your instance from 10am to 10pm (GMT+2). We will repeat the procedure till 18th of October (Friday).

Cheers,
Paweł

Edit:
While testing, any issues that would be found can be reported here:
https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/ACJIRA

4 Likes

Hi,

I am not quite sure what you mean by

It means that you will be allowed to make transitions between other single-page applications without a full page reload to make your experience with cloud apps smoother.

Could you ellaborate?

Also I cannot view the google form it says:

You need permission

Hi @m.kuijpers

Could you ellaborate?

Yes, let me show you SPA and non-SPA difference on these gifs from my test dev instance:

SPA:

Non-SPA:

As you can see with SPA everything happens faster, without navigation “blink”. In non-SPA you get a full page reload. I hope this answers your question.

About permissions on google form, it should be working fine right now

3 Likes

Do URLs in the browser bar get updated? What is the impact on accessibility? What is the impact on the back button in the browsers?

Hi @boris
URLs in browser bar get updated, accessibility should work the way it used to and back button in browsers also works the way it used to instead with the difference that you will get an SPA transition if the page you are going back to is also in SPA

Hi,

Connect in SPA has been turned on today for everyone who signed in for testing. Reminder: in case you will find any issues please add them there: Atlassian Connect in Jira Cloud - Issues - Ecosystem Jira

Cheers,
Paweł

1 Like

@PawelRacki

Will you enable it for those who signed up today? Hope it is not late.

Hi @becker :wink:
I’ve just enabled these changes for you

Cheers

1 Like

Hi @PawelRacki -
Can you update us on the status of this rollout?

Thanks,
Adam

1 Like

@PawelRacki - same question as Adam. What’s the status of this?
Is this something that is already rolling out actively? Is it done?

Hey @adam, @ademoss !

Feature is still in soaking phase. Currently it is released to “first release for ecosystem group”:
https://community.developer.atlassian.com/t/jira-cloud-first-releases-for-ecosystem-sign-up-is-now-open/35648/11

Hi @BartoszGryta -
Thanks for the update. How’s the soaking phase going? Any target dates for a public rollout?

Thanks,
Adam

Hi @adam ! The feature is already rollout for everyone.

Best regards,
Kamil

Great - thanks @KamilRichert