Content Byline for Confluence Server?

Hi,

There’s an awesome feature where a plugin can add icons in the page headers:

But… is it only available in Confluence Cloud? Can I use it in Confluence Server?

Thank you,
Adrien

1 Like

To avoid any feeling of abandon of this defunct community forum, I’ll at least answer this question myself, but I have to say the community is all downhill since the original answer.atlassian.com website was wrecked.

It is possible to reproduce the behaviors of the Content Byline plugin module by adding web-items in Confluence. Source: I looked up in the Confluence source.

<web-item key="key-1" name="Byline icon" section="page.metadata.banner" weight="80">
        <icon height="16" width="16">
            <link>/download/resources/${project.groupId}.${project.artifactId}/img/icon.png</link>
        </icon>
        <label key="some.i18n"/>
        <tooltip key="some.i18n"/>
        <link linkId="key-1-link" absolute="true"/>
        <styleClass>aui-button aui-button-subtle</styleClass>
        <condition class="com.atlassian.confluence.tinymceplugin.conditions.EditOrCreatePageCondition"/>
        <condition class="com.atlassian.confluence.plugin.descriptor.web.conditions.user.UserLoggedInCondition"/>
    </web-item>

<web-item key="key-2-in-rte" name="Byline icon in the editor" section="system.editor.precursor.buttons"
              weight="40">
        <label key="some.i18n"/>
        <link linkId="key-2-in-rte-link"/>
        <tooltip key="some.i18n"/>
        <condition class="com.atlassian.confluence.tinymceplugin.conditions.EditOrCreatePageCondition"/>
        <condition class="com.atlassian.confluence.plugin.descriptor.web.conditions.user.UserLoggedInCondition"/>
        <param name="iconClass">some-css-clazz</param>
        <param name="explicitRestrictions">true</param>
        <param name="inheritedRestrictions">true</param>
    </web-item>
4 Likes

I cannot give you enough upvotes for this…

Also thanks for the technical solution!

1 Like