Content Property Browser App

I recently came across a blog post by @kwestwalker in which she referred to an app she built which allows content properties to be easily viewed. Apps such as this can be useful to help with your app development so I’ve made an alternate version and hosted it using Github pages. This means that whilst you’re welcome to look at the source code, you can also just install it directly so you don’t have to worry about hosting it. If you’re interested in deploying it in your site, the app descriptor is available at the following location:

https://dugaldmorrow.github.io/content-property-browser/confluence-connect-descriptor.json

Here’s a quick demo:

6 Likes

Nice! This might even be worth putting on the Marketplace (maybe under Atlassian Labs?) as I imagine this could be a useful tool for administrators as well.

2 Likes

@dmorrow Thank you for making this! Great, simple tool.

1 Like

Good idea @sven.schatter. I’m toying with the idea of an app that provides a range of functionality similar to this for multiple products. I’m not sure how much time I’ll get to work on it though.

1 Like

Awesome! If you have concrete ideas maybe you could share them here? As long as there’s a public repo the community might be able to help with implementing some of them :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m happy for others to contribute to the repo. The only ideas I has so far related to browsing other types of entity properties - space properties, issue entities, etc. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@sven.schatter has taken this idea to the next level with a more polished version that is available in the Atlassian Marketplace:

We made a small dev tool for all you Confluence Cloud devs that are working with Page & Space Properties ("Property Inspector")

2 Likes