Create a refresh plugin

I am creating around six swim lanes. The tickets going through a workflow that is like steps going down–each ticket’s swimlane status changes by a post function once it reaches an end transition. However, I have to refresh the page manually in order for the tickets to change swimlane. Is there a way around this? So that the page refreshes automatically during a transition?

The Workflow Post Function module will HTTP POST to your add-on’s server when the transition is completed. That’s a server-to-server communication: nothing to do with the page that the user is looking at in the browser.

Your add-on could possibly incorporate JavaScript that polls your server to detect that a workflow post function was completed, but you then have the problem of how to trigger a screen refresh. Given that your JavaScript will be running in an iFrame, I’m not sure how (or if) you can cause the outer Window to refresh.

@david.pinn

Thanks for the info!

Just gotta figure out that refresh part.

In theory you could do window.top.location=window.top.location - of course that could cause a pretty nice loop refreshing things.

1 Like