Create Confluence (MVN) results in 'No plugin found for prefix confluence'

Hi all, quite new here and following the Atlassian tutorial online to get a basic set-up for a confluence plugin. I’ve tried -mvn package on an attempted set-up. This had a separate issue around not finding SDK8.8 in repo.maven.apache.org/maven2 apache. I attempted to fix this by adding repos in pom.xml, but failed. I thought I’d try to start again using the tutorial on atlassian’s website, thinking maybe creating the maven/confluence skeleton would be an easier start (‘Documentation : Using the AMPS Maven Plugin Directly’)

Unfortunately, when using the command : mvn confluence:create, I get the error:
No plugin found for prefix ‘confluence’ in the current project and in the plugin groups [com.atlassian.maven.plugins, org.apache.maven.plugins, org.codehaus.mojo] available from the repositories [local (C:\Users.….m2\repository), atlassian-plugin-sdk (file://C:\Applications\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.7/repository), central (Central Repository:)]

Here’s my current set-up:

Apache Maven 3.9.6 (bc0240f3c744dd6b6ec2920b3cd08dcc295161ae)
Maven home: …\Documents\Software Stacks\apache-maven-3.9.6-bin\apache-maven-3.9.6
Java version: 1.8.0_232, vendor: AdoptOpenJDK, runtime: C:\Applications\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.7\jre
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
OS name: “windows 10”, version: “10.0”, arch: “x86”, family: “windows”

Envrionment Variable paths:

• %JAVA_HOME%\bin
  • C:\Applications\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.7\bin
  • C:\Users.…\Documents\Software Stacks\apache-maven-3.9.6-bin\apache-maven-3.9.6\bin

I also attempted adding this to my settings.xml file:

<pluginGroups>
    <pluginGroup>com.atlassian.maven.plugins</pluginGroup>
  </pluginGroups>

<!-- Define profiles -->
  <profiles>
    <profile>
      <id>atlassian-sdk</id>
      <pluginRepositories>
        <!-- Add the provided pluginRepository -->
        <pluginRepository>
          <id>atlassian-plugin-sdk</id>
          <url>file://${env.ATLAS_HOME}/repository</url>
          <releases>
            <enabled>true</enabled>
            <checksumPolicy>warn</checksumPolicy>
          </releases>
          <snapshots>
            <enabled>false</enabled>
          </snapshots>
        </pluginRepository>
      </pluginRepositories>
    </profile>
  </profiles>

<!-- Activate the profile -->
  <activeProfiles>
    <activeProfile>atlassian-sdk</activeProfile>
  </activeProfiles>

I’m finding it quite hard to find any good, recent examples of set-ups beyond this. I’m wondering if some of the info on Atlassian’s current tutorials is a bit dated. Could anyone point me in the right direction? Or does anyone know how to resolve the above issue?

Cheers for any help,

Michael