Create Webhook API gives 400 Error for offline_access scope

Hello,

I have added “offline_access” scope to my OAuth2 application and due to this, I am not able to call the webhook APIs.

If I remove the “offline_access” scope then everything is working fine.

I have created an OAuth2 app around a week ago when new scopes weren’t there and everything was working fine and I have created a new OAuth2 app with the implementation of the new scopes BUT If I add “offline_access” to it then webhook APIs are not working.

I assume adding “offline_access” to the scopes is the only way to get the “refresh_token” and regardless to say, I need the refresh token to exchange the access token once it gets expired.

Any Idea about what could be the reason?

Here are the list of scopes my app is using:

offline_access
read:label:jira
read:me
read:account
write:webhook:jira
write:user.property:jira
write:user-configuration:jira
write:project.property:jira
write:project.feature:jira
write:project.avatar:jira
write:project:jira
write:project-version:jira
write:project-role:jira
write:project-category:jira
write:issue.watcher:jira
write:issue.property:jira
write:issue:jira
write:issue-worklog.property:jira
write:issue-worklog:jira
write:issue-type.property:jira
write:issue-type:jira
write:issue-link:jira
write:issue-link-type:jira
write:field:jira
write:field-configuration:jira
write:comment.property:jira
write:comment:jira
write:avatar:jira
write:attachment:jira
validate:jql:jira
read:webhook:jira
read:user.property:jira
read:user:jira
read:user-configuration:jira
read:status:jira
read:project.property:jira
read:project.feature:jira
read:project.component:jira
read:project.avatar:jira
read:project:jira
read:project-version:jira
read:project-type:jira
read:project-category:jira
read:jql:jira
read:issue.vote:jira
read:issue.property:jira
read:issue.changelog:jira
read:issue:jira
read:issue-worklog.property:jira
read:issue-worklog:jira
read:issue-type.property:jira
read:issue-type:jira
read:issue-type-hierarchy:jira
read:issue-status:jira
read:issue-security-level:jira
read:issue-meta:jira
read:issue-link:jira
read:issue-link-type:jira
read:issue-details:jira
read:group:jira
read:field.option:jira
read:field.default-value:jira
read:field:jira
read:field-configuration:jira
read:comment.property:jira
read:avatar:jira
read:application-role:jira
delete:webhook:jira
delete:user.property:jira
delete:user-configuration:jira
delete:project.property:jira
delete:project.component:jira
delete:project.avatar:jira
delete:project:jira
delete:issue.property:jira
delete:issue:jira
delete:issue-worklog.property:jira
delete:issue-worklog:jira
delete:issue-type.property:jira
delete:issue-type:jira

I think that in this case you are affected by the same issue as in the second thread you’ve posted.

It looks like you reached the limit of the scopes, which is not publicly documented.
Please watch [FRGE-643] - Ecosystem Jira to get notified once it would be fixed.

Hey

It was the problem with the number of scopes I have used. I didn’t need all the scopes BUT I added them anyway just to reduce my future scope of work. Once I only used the scopes which I need for now, it started working properly. Until today, I have realized that one particular API is not working(except everything else is working fine).

Here is the link to the problem which my colleague has raised on the community forum.

Below scopes

read:issue.transition:jira
read:status:jira
read:field-configuration:jira

are added in the OAuth2 application BUT the error upon calling the transition API shows read:issue.transition:jira scope needs to be added. All the scopes are part of the auth URL as well.

I have tried removing all the scopes and added them again just to sync everything if it wasn’t before BUT no luck.

This is something where our entire integration is stuck due to this issue and we are at the final stage of it. Can any one please look into this and guide us in a direction where we can resolve this really quick.

Hello again @niraj1,
Thanks for reporting the issue.
I’d like to let you know that I’ve reproduced it and our team is working on the fix.
They should comment on this thread as soon as it would be fixed.

Cheers!