Creating a custom field but can't access it on issue

I’ve followed the custom field example in the documentation and tried to create my own custom field using Forge. The field appears in the custom field list, but when I push the [gear icon] Configure button on an issue, it is not available as a field I can add to my issue.

What am I missing? Below is my manifest.yml:

modules:
  jira:issuePanel:
    - key: hello-world-app-hello-world-panel
      function: main
      title: Compliance
      icon: https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/forge/images/icons/issue-panel-icon.svg
  jira:customField:
    - key: custom-field-test
      name: Custom Field Test
      description: Testing custom fields
      edit:
        function: edit
      type: string
      function: view
  function:
    - key: main
      handler: index.run
    - key: view
      handler: index.renderFieldView
    - key: edit
      handler: index.renderFieldEdit    
app:
  id: ari:cloud:ecosystem::app/acbea0ce-a585-483e-8373-8d09ff63f293

permissions:
  scopes:
    - 'read:jira-work'
    - 'write:jira-work'

Hi @craig.schwarze ,

Have you tried associating the new custom field to a screen via Settings > Issues > Custom fields? I tried creating a new custom field by patterning it after this sample and at first it didn’t appear in the issue screen up until it gets associated to the screen.

For reference, which specific documentation were you referring to just in case it needs updating?

Cheers,
Ian

Thanks, that worked. Is there any way of automating the association in Forge? If I want to add a custom field to a screen when the user installs my forge app, I really want it just to be there, rather than requiring the user to manually associate it.

The sample app I was following was here: https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/forge/example-apps/#risk-assessment-custom-field

You’re welcome.

In my current understanding, I don’t believe there’s a way to automatically do it. For now, it has to be manually added like all the other custom fields.