Custom conditions for web-fragments

Hi all

So … I have written a plugin that adds a little functionality which is only applicable to repositories in one very specific project. The plugin adds a new web-item to the ‘bitbucket.repository.nav’ section but I’d like it to only be visible for repositories in that one project.

I can’t see any existing conditions (com.atlassian.bitbucket.web.conditions) that might help me here, so the question is : Can I achieve this through some other mechanism in the plugin or do I need to write my own condition to enable this?

Any help, as ever, greatly appreciated.

1 Like

You need to write your own condition class that implements com.atlassian.plugin.web.Condition. The shouldDisplay(Map<String, Object> context){} implementation can analyse the context of the request. For example

String path = ((HttpServletRequest) map.get("request")).getServletPath();

gives you the current path which you can extract the repo slug from. If it’s your repo, return true to display the web-item otherwise false.
Let me know how it goes

Thanks for the answer. I went ahead and created my own condition, that seems to work ok. Here’s the code if anyone else is interested:

public class IsHotfixRepositoryCondition implements Condition {

private String projectKey;

@Override
    public void init(Map<String, String> map) throws PluginParseException {
        projectKey = map.get("projectkey");
        if (StringUtils.isBlank(projectKey)) {
            throw new PluginParseException("<param name=\"projectkey\">{project-key}</param> is required.");
        }
    }

@Override
    public boolean shouldDisplay(Map<String, Object> context) {
        // Get repository from contexts
        Repository repository = (Repository) context.get("repository");

if (repository!=null ) {
            if (repository.getProject().getKey().toLowerCase().equals(projectKey.toLowerCase())) {
                return true;
            }
        }
        return false;
    }
}

And the corresponding atlassian-plugin.xml looks like this:

<web-item key="repository-hotfix-tab" name="Repository hotfix tab" section="bitbucket.repository.nav" weight="50">
    <condition class="com.walnut.bitbucket.plugins.hotfix.utils.conditions.IsHotfixRepositoryCondition">
      <param name="projectkey">hot</param>
    </condition>
    <label key="repository.plugin.tab">Hotfix Info</label>
    <link>/plugins/servlet/hotfix/${repository.project.key}/${repository.slug}</link>
  </web-item>

The only tricky bit was getting the dependencies satisfied and for that I had to create a small ‘ComponentImports’ class as described towards the end of this thread : https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Issue-with-including-conditions-to-web-items/qaq-p/493048

Thanks for the help …