Custom plugin description

Hi,

I am working on bitbucket plugin and would like to add a custom description for an admin, mostly it would be an extract from release notes. I can see that other plugins have something like that (see the screenshot below) but I can’t find how to implement it for my plugin.
Can anyone give me a clue how to do this?

Hi @Piotr2, the part that you highlighted is automatically generated based on the release notes from the plugin in the Atlassian Marketplace.

For example, for the Atlassian Rest API Browser, the mentioned release notes are:

Resolves Duplicate URL in REST API Browser

These release notes can be found in the version history on the Plugin Markeplace page

If you click on version 3.2.3, you will see the same release notes:

If you are interested in adding plugin description, you can do that using the <description> field in the atlassian-plugin.xml file: https://developer.atlassian.com/server/framework/atlassian-sdk/atlassian-plugin-xml-element-reference/#the-plugin-info-element

Please be advised that you can only provide a text value for the <description> field.

Thanks,
Maciej Adamczak
Atlassian Developer

1 Like

Thanks @madamczak for your quick response.

Please be advised that you can only provide a text value for the <description> field.

That’s a pity :frowning:
Do you know if it’s possible to place an external link on that screen somewhere near my plugin? I’d like to provide a link to the JIRA ticket with the plugin’s version release note.

I’ve checked available locations by adding ?web.items&web.panels&web.sections to the URL, but it seems that there is no panel available in the center of the screen.

Hi Piotr,

You can add a link to the release notes, it’s also visible on the screenshot you sent. “Read release notes for v.3.2.3”.

There’s no plugin point to add custom markup or scripts on the entry of your plugin on the Manage Apps page, so checking for web items or web panels won’t work.

Is the link to release notes good enough or what did you want to add?

Cheers,
Wolfgang

2 Likes

Hi Wolfgang,

Is the link to release notes good enough or what did you want to add?

The link would be good enough, but as I understand this part comes from Atlassian Marketplace. In my case, I don’t want to publish the plugin in Atlassian Marketplace. This is an internal plugin that is built locally and installed from a jar.

Can I put a link somewhere in the plugin code so it appears on the Manage App page?
The <description> field would be great if only I could put a link there…

Thanks,
Piotr

I think you could put a text link in the description. It would be displayed as text but maybe that’s a good enough solution for your case: