CustomFieldType type when creating new field

Hey,

we’ve created a custom field type in Forge and everything works regarding the functionality. However, when adding a new field through native UI, the type of the field is unknown, simply shown as ?.
I’ve noticed the same issue exists on Connect so it’s probably the same limitation.

Is there a way to show that the type is for example MyCoolAppName calculate field instead of the question mark?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

However, when adding a new field through native UI, the type of the field is unknown, simply shown as ? .

Hi ChupaCabra, thanks for your feedback.

Do you mean the type of field column has ? in the table on the custom field directory page?

Hey, yes, I’m referring to that, sorry if it wasn’t clear.

If I create a new custom field type called Bike field for example, I’d like that column to display that the type is Bike field instead of ? Unknown. Is it possible and if not, is it on the roadmap any time soon?

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying.

We’re working on it. It’ll show the custom field type.

Thanks for the info! Looking forward to the feature.

Hi @ImranParvez thanks for your feedback. We have added this feature request to the Forge public Jira board for tracking: [FRGE-498] - Ecosystem Jira

1 Like

Hey @SushantBista ,
I have linked another issue to the one you’ve mentioned. I hope it’s ok. If it is not please feel free to remove the linking.