Developing a new integration for Jira Server

We’ve already made a cloud connect App. But we would like our application to also be able to integrate with JIRA Server instances, Webhooks + REST is all that is required. However in looking to get a local JIRA Server running to be able to develop against and test I can’t seem to actually get a license as they are discontinued.

Perhaps I’m missing something obvious here, but what’s the recommended way of going about this seeing as licenses are discontinued?

Thanks

Did you consider developing on a Data Center Jira ?

The quickest way to start with creating a P2 app (which is atlassian speak for Server apps), is to look into the Atlassian Plugin SDK (Getting started)

Eventually you will ditch it, but it’s a good way get started (albeit with some frustration).

Seems like an expensive route, not finding any sort of trial/cheap option (which makes sense as my understanding is its a fully managed instance). I guess this could be a last resort but I’m hoping there’s a better way to build a Jira Server integration that doesn’t require entering into an expensive sales contract.

I was looking through that, and unless I’m missing it without a JIRA Server instance to test against that would just be building it blind correct? Or is there a package in there that includes a like fake server to test against well building?

Look into the Atlas SDK CLI and more specifically atlas-debug or atlas-run-standalone

Ah so as expected it was right in my face and I kept running right past it. Thank you very much!

You can also get a Timebomb License for testing here: https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/marketplace/timebomb-licenses-for-testing-server-apps/