Difficulties with Using the Atlassian Form Example

Dear Atlassian Developer Community,

I recently attempted to use the Atlassian Form example code provided in the documentation, but unfortunately, it did not work as expected. I followed the instructions carefully, but the code failed to function correctly. I would like to ask if there are any tools or resources available that could help me utilize the Atlassian Form correctly.

Additionally, I tried using the provided “To-Do” app example, but I found it to be of little use. I would greatly appreciate any advice or assistance that the community can offer me regarding these issues.

Thank you in advance for your help and guidance.

Best regards,

Farah Helali

2 Likes

Hi there,

Exactly today I also had problems to understand the documentation of the Atlaskit Form Element. If your error is: “children is not a function”, you have to define “formProps”.
I don’t know why but I left out all the declarations of “formProps” and the “children” function. Only when I inserted them, everything worked:

<Form onSubmit={(data) => submitHandler(data)}>
    {({ formProps }) => (
        <form {...formProps}>
            // IN HERE DEFINE YOUR FORM ELEMENTS
            // EXAMPLE ELEMENT:
            <Field name="example">
                {({ fieldProps }: any) => (
                    <Fragment>
                    <Select {...fieldProps} name="exampleSelect" label="select" options={[yourOptions]}>
                    </Select>
                    </Fragment>
                 )}
            </Field>

</form>
    )}
</Form>

I hope this example will help you.
Regards,
Adrian

1 Like

Okay, I’ll try this out.
Thank you

It works, thank you for your help!

@AdrianSomesan I’m also trying to implement a navigation component from Atlaskit. I was wondering if you might have any ideas or suggestions on how to go about it. Thank you in advance

Glad I could help
Would you kindly mark the Post as answer. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Adrian

1 Like

Well, that’s to little information to help you out. Try to follow the documentation of Atlaskit and if you get stuck open a new topic here.