Display Dialog Box on PR Approval

Hey All -

I am currently working with my companies QA team to implement some of their quality best practices into our software development workflow. Part of this process is for reviewers to review a checklist of items before clicking approve (More of a managerial check in the box than anything else, but we have to do it).

This is my first crack at creating a plugin and I am a bit lost, as Java/Web-Dev is not my forte. I have found the following question, but am having a hard time translating the example provided in the link to my use case. I have modified the form-fragment location, in the atlassian-plugin.xml, to

<form-fragment key="checklistFormFragment" location="bitbucket.page.pull-request.view"
                   class="com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.checklist.ui.ChecklistFormFragment" weight="1000"/>

However, At this point I’m a little confused as to what I need to modify in the ContextualFormFragment and RestFragment in order to render the dialog box.

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @lynchjt.90,

I checked with our Bitbucket Server team and they’ve informed me that this is not possible in the approval workflow of a PR.

The information you’ve linked to links to a community answer that’s talking about the PR creation process, not the approval process.

The only way you might be able to do this (read might) is by highjacking the Javascript code behind the approval button. But we don’t have any examples on how to do that (and it might be difficult to maintain if you upgrade your Bitbucket Server instance).