Do you have an idea how to create a panel above boards in JIRA Software?

Heya,

I’m one of the developers of Agile Cards and I want to add a panel above boards in JIRA Software Cloud which will show how many unprinted issues there are in current active sprint, but I don’t know if it’s possible at all in current Connect architecture. Maybe you could help me? My findings so far:

• There are no separate Web panel location above boards, I had to use com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:sidebar-panel, but this one is visible almost everywhere, not only above boards, besides that it doesn’t have context of the board and I cannot use properties in conditions other than addon properties.

• Hiding it in other places than Active sprints and Backlog is difficult - I can set it’s height to 0px in our JavaScript code but before that it has two different heights (because of Connect’s throbber and height set in plugin’s descriptor), each last for about 1 second, and it creates very unpleasant experience for end user.

If you have any idea how to tackle this problem please let me know :slight_smile: There are number of issues in Atlassian’s JIRA regarding problems I mentioned above, I encourage you to vote for them (I can only give you links to two of them because I’m a new user): ACJIRA-1222, ACJIRA-1223.

Thanks!
Pawel

1 Like

Could you use a web-panel somewhere else on the screen and then use AP.messages to trigger a flag to appear with the number of unprinted issues? (And only make it show up when there are unprinted messages).

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:sidebar-panel is the only panel on the screen on Active sprint or Backlog view (or maybe there is - but Webfragment Finder plugin doesn’t show anything else).