Do your apps respect Jira date and time settings?

Our customers keep requesting us to respect Jira date and time format setting in our apps, however, there is no API available for apps right now.

There are at least two places where Jira admin can configure date and time format:

• secure/admin/AdvancedApplicationProperties.jspa
  • secure/admin/LookAndFeel!default.jspa

At the moment there is /rest/api/3/application-properties REST API, however according to docs: “Apps cannot access this REST resource.“ The payload contains all the setting an app would need in order to respect Jira date and time format settings, i.e.:
to render correctly date and date time pickers:

• jira.date.picker.javascript.format
  • jira.date.time.picker.javascript.format

and others properties to properly display fields of date or datetime type

• jira.lf.date.time
  • jira.lf.date.day
  • jira.lf.date.complete dafault: dd/MMM/yy h:mm a - respected in old Issue View when “Created“ field is displayed, however not respected by the New Issue View
  • jira.lf.date.dmy default:dd/MMM/yy - respected by Queues displaying “Created” field
  • jira.date.time.picker.use.iso8061

I have found also a note: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-the-look-and-feel-of-your-jira-applications-780861527.html

“Issue date/time fields show a relative instead of absolute date/time format. For example, “Yesterday” would appear instead of “20 May 2013 12:00 PM”. You can still see the absolute date/time by hovering over the field. The date/time format reverts to absolute after a week.“

I couldn’t find a setting for that on cloud, so I am guessing that a relative time should be displayed for the first week

It is only my initial investigation on this topic, if you have any insight please share.
I have also created a request for new API here