Easier to read Trello documentation

When Trello migrated their API Docs to Jira I was sad. It is incredibly frustrating to read through because everything looks the same. Not to mention everything is in a single column. I understand and respect the reasoning behind the migration, but it’s just painful to try and read.

So, almost immediately I created a Stylish style for the Trello docs. I never published it because it was so simplistic I didn’t think anything of it. Until I reset my browser and didn’t reinstall it. I took a trip to the docs page and very quickly realized how beneficial my small changes were.

At this point, I am doing two things… 1) Publishing and sharing my UserStyle with the community, and 2) Because the Stylish plugin site is so aggravatingly slow, I’m requesting that someone drop a little bit of additional CSS into the Trello API documentation page (Confluence I’m assuming). I know Confluence has CSS override capabilities :wink: - You can’t fool me.

My CSS (again, simple but effective).

section strong {
    font-size: 18px !important;
}
h3 {
	background: #172B4D;
	color: white;
	padding: 10px;
}

Before and after:

I feel, by doing it like this it not only holds true to the branding and theme, but also allows one’s eyes to differentiate between the elements just enough to make it more apparent of what you’re looking at.

Stylish Plugin: Trello API Documentation | Userstyles.org
Really not kidding, this site is painful slow, be patient.

Thank you for your time, I will step down off my soap box now.

4 Likes

Hi @JeremiahFischer ,

Thanks for the feedback on the design. The Trello API is rendered in accordance with the Atlassian Design System.

Regards,
Dugald

1 Like