Embed Plugin page into board context

In my plugin I have a new page, let’s call it Page A. I’ve added a link to this page within the sidebar displayed left in a board context. Here are the relevant parts within the atlassian-plugin.xml:

<web-item key="resource-planing" name="Resource Planing" section="jira.project.sidebar.plugins.navigation">
    <label key="naomi.templates.jirarp.sidebar.label"/>
    <link linkId="rp_planning_board"><![CDATA[/secure/AssignmentBoard.jspa]]></link>
    <param name="iconClass" value="aui-icon aui-icon-large aim-integration-plugin-logo"/>
    <context-provider class="com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.contextproviders.DefaultVelocityContextProvider" />
</web-item>

<web-resource key="jira-rp-board-resources-2" name="jira-rp Web Resources">
    <context>jira.project.sidebar</context>
    <resource type="download" name="images/" location="images"/>
    <resource type="download" name="board.css" location="board.css"/>
</web-resource>

Now by clicking the link to Page A a new page is opened within a new context. But I would like to keep the current board context and still displaying the sidebar on the left (containing the links to backlog, active sprints, etc.) How to achieve this? Do I habe to change something within the atlassian-plugin.xml? Or do I have to change my soy or velocity template of Page A?

add to head of page

<html>
    <head>
        <meta name="decorator" content="atl.admin"/>
        <meta name="decorator" content="admin"/>
        <meta name="admin.active.tab" content="interfacetest-item-link"/>
        <meta name="admin.active.section" content="atl.jira.proj.config"/>
        <meta name="projectKey" content="$project.key"/>
        <meta name="projectId" content="$project.id"/>

In webwork class add

@Override
    public String execute()throws Exception
    {
        project = getSelectedProjectObject();
        getHttpRequest().setAttribute("com.atlassian.jira.projectconfig.util.ServletRequestProjectConfigRequestCache:project", project);
        return super.execute();
    }
    public Project getProject()
    {
        return project;
    }

That works, but I get to much. I don’t want this administration part to appear. So two of the fragments are okay and two are not and should not be displayed:

How to achieve that?

Removing these two lines…

<meta name="admin.active.tab" content="interfacetest-item-link"/>
        <meta name="admin.active.section" content="atl.jira.proj.config"/>

…also removes the side panel I want to appear.

If your case, is recomend use de web-panel : https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-platform/guides/projects/design-guide-jira-project-centric-view/development-guide-jira-project-centric-view#Developmentguide-JIRAproject-centricview-Guidelines

Good luck

@knoppik could you please tell did you manage to display sidebar only without all that excess stuff?

@remie @daniel guys could you please help with this issue?

I’m new to plugin development and struggling with including jira project sidebar. It is presented here on SS on the left side:
https:/uploads/default/original/3X/1/1/112a23c37995c773640e015e7962a9bedba41514.png
I’ve developed new page UI (vm) and I cannot include that sidebar into it.

Thank you!