Error while atlas-run on Jira Server SDK tutorial

Working on Step 2. Start up JIRA with your plugin installed and I am stuck because certain files are not in place and thus, running into lots of java.io.FileNotFoundException.

Basically, I’m trying to run this on a local machine (mac) and try developing jira plugins myself.

yhk@Youngui-iMac:~/eclipse-workspace/myPlugin$ atlas-version

ATLAS Version:    6.3.6
ATLAS Home:       /Applications/Atlassian/atlassian-plugin-sdk-6.3.6
ATLAS Scripts:    /Applications/Atlassian/atlassian-plugin-sdk-6.3.6/bin
ATLAS Maven Home: /Applications/Atlassian/atlassian-plugin-sdk-6.3.6/apache-maven-3.2.1
AMPS Version:     6.3.13
--------
Executing: /Applications/Atlassian/atlassian-plugin-sdk-6.3.6/apache-maven-3.2.1/bin/mvn --version -gs /Applications/Atlassian/atlassian-plugin-sdk-6.3.6/apache-maven-3.2.1/conf/settings.xml
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=256M; support was removed in 8.0
Apache Maven 3.2.1 (ea8b2b07643dbb1b84b6d16e1f08391b666bc1e9; 2014-02-15T04:37:52+10:00)
Maven home: /Applications/Atlassian/atlassian-plugin-sdk-6.3.6/apache-maven-3.2.1
Java version: 1.8.0_131, vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java home: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_131.jdk/Contents/Home/jre
Default locale: ko_KR, platform encoding: UTF-8
OS name: "mac os x", version: "10.13.2", arch: "x86_64", family: "mac"

I have tried installing the SDK source (ran into this problem and removed it)and then went back to install via pkg (and still is running into the same problem).

I am getting a whole lot of warnings such as

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 경고: Unable to add the resource at [/WEB-INF/classes/avatars/xsmall_Avatar-12.png] to the cache because there was insufficient free space available after evicting expired cache entries - consider increasing the maximum size of the cache

Afterwards, I run into java.io.FileNotFoundException

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] java.io.FileNotFoundException: /Users/yhk/eclipse-workspace/myPlugin/target/container/tomcat8x/cargo-jira-home/common/lib/commons-cli.jar (No such file or directory)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:219)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:149)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:166)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:130)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.JarFileUrlJar.<init>(JarFileUrlJar.java:60)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.JarFactory.newInstance(JarFactory.java:48)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanner.process(StandardJarScanner.java:338)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanner.scan(StandardJarScanner.java:288)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner.scanJars(TldScanner.java:262)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner.scan(TldScanner.java:104)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperInitializer.onStartup(JasperInitializer.java:101)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5178)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:724)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:700)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:734)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:952)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1823)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
  1. As warnings suggest, how do I increase the maximum size of the cache?
  2. How do I install the missing .jar files? (mostly from /target/container/tomcat8x/cargo-jira-home/common/lib/*.jar)

I have seen this also when upgrading to the latest SDK version.
In my case Jira still ran fine, so I just ignored the exceptions for now.
Does Jira still run OK in your case? Have you tried going to http://localhost:2990/jira/ or does Jira not start?

Justin