Forge App deployment impacts Automation rule

Hi team,

I have deployed a forge app on IssuePanel(as highlighted in the pic) but it is impacting my automation rule
Automation rule triggers whenever I do transition from one state to another. When I do a transition from X state to Y the rule is not displaying
the data in comment section as highlighted in pic. I need to refresh the entire page manually to see the new comments.

Hi @AbhinavSrivastava,

Just to clarify, the action in your automation rule is to add a comment when the issue is transitioned, is that correct? If so, the comment not being shown immediately is the current expected behavior - please see this relevant feature suggestion for more information wherein it states:

The above is because all Automation rules in cloud always run asynchronously, which means you can never guarantee the page to be refreshed.

I am curious about this statement; does the comment appear all the time without page refresh even if the forge app is not installed? I have tried similar automation on my instance - both with and without a Forge app - and the behavior is consistent wherein the comment does not immediately appear after the issue transition.

Hope this helps.

Ian

Hi @iragudo
" Just to clarify, the action in your automation rule is to add a comment when the issue is transitioned, is that correct?" → Yes, so basically while transitioning from one state to another I have included a a pop screen which contains custom field, that will take input from user and then automation rule will take the input in custom field and copy it on comment section.

“I am curious about this statement; does the comment appear all the time without page refresh even if the forge app is not installed? I have tried similar automation on my instance - both with and without a Forge app - and the behavior is consistent wherein the comment does not immediately appear after the issue transition.” → Yes if I have no application installed on my issuePanel then the automation rule displays the comment immediately.

Thanks for the clarification, @AbhinavSrivastava.

As mentioned in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-22732?_ga=2.251040838.1518913467.1661813070-938677756.1654056774

Note: This is sometimes intermittent and the Field Assignee does actually get updated sometimes immediately.

The above is because all Automation rules in cloud always run asynchronously, which means you can never guarantee the page to be refreshed.

That said, sometimes the page is refreshed making the comment visible after an automation rule run.

If you are experiencing the behavior wherein the comments appear immediately after every automation rule run consistently and strongly feel that the Forge app is breaking the automation rule, kindly raise an issue in Developer and Marketplace Support Service Desk so that the developer support folks can help you out further.

EDIT:
To report a bug, the portal can be found here.

Cheers,
Ian

1 Like