Forge app lifecycle events

Hey,

I’m developing an app that needs something like a Connect app lifecycle event. It needs to create an object in storage once it’s installed. Something like installed or enabled.
I’ve looked at the documentation and this forum, but I can’t find anything that would take me in the right direction. So, is there something similar to app lifecycle events? If not, is there a plan for them (I haven’t seen anything in Forge roadmap Trello either)?

THanks in advance

Hi @ChupaCabra

Forge doesn’t support lifecycle events like Connect does yet. I agree that this is very useful and it will be something that will be added to Forge eventually, although I don’t have a timeline or ETA on when this might be added to the roadmap.

As a workaround, you could look a doing a lazy initialisation of your storage needs when the app is first invoked.

I have created FRGE-274 to track this requirement, and I have asked the team to add information to that issue if we have any timeline information we can share.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. Lazy init is how we’re doing it for now, just thought there might be something I missed.

Looki forward to the feature whenever it comes.