Forge Deploy Fails Because of an Unknown Error

Hello,
Forge deploy fails with “unknown error” while developing an app for Jira. When I run Forge Tunnel, it works and I can see my latest changes, though I can’t deploy. I checked a few post about this issue but none of them were suggesting a solution. These are the logs about what failed when I run forge deploy with --verbose option:

{          ...
            "__typename": "AppDeploymentLogEvent",
            "stepName": "Release Lambda functions",
            "createdAt": "2022-06-13T11:45:47.717Z",
            "message": "Deploying function \"...\" for the first time",
            "level": "INFO"
          },
          {
            "createdAt": "2022-06-13T11:45:47.720Z",
            "message": "Deploying function \"...\" for the first time",
            "level": "INFO"
          },
          {
            "createdAt": "2022-06-13T11:45:48.493Z",
            "message": "Deployment failed with unknown error",
            "level": "ERROR"
          },
          {
            "__typename": "AppDeploymentTransitionEvent",
            "createdAt": "2022-06-13T11:45:48.495Z",
            "newStatus": "FAILED"
          }
        ]
      }
    ]
  }
}
  Deployment failed with unknown error

Error: Deployment failed

Error: Deployment failed
    at ArtifactDeployer.handleErrorEvent (C:\Users\necla\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\@forge\cli\out\deploy\deployer\deployer.js:151:15)
    at ArtifactDeployer.pollAndCheckEvents (C:\Users\necla\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\@forge\cli\out\deploy\deployer\deployer.js:61:18)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)
    at async ArtifactDeployer.monitorDeployment (C:\Users\necla\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\@forge\cli\out\deploy\deployer\deployer.js:72:28)
    at async ArtifactDeployer.deploy (C:\Users\necla\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\@forge\cli\out\deploy\deployer\deployer.js:36:9)
    at async PackageUploadDeployCommand.execute (C:\Users\necla\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\@forge\cli\out\deploy\package-upload-deploy.js:14:9)
    at async CommandLineUI.displayProgress (C:\Users\necla\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\@forge\cli\node_modules\@forge\cli-shared\out\ui\command-line-ui.js:44:28)
    at async DeployView.reportDeploymentProgress (C:\Users\necla\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\@forge\cli\out\command-line\view\deploy-view.js:50:24)
    at async DeployController.run (C:\Users\necla\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\@forge\cli\out\command-line\controller\deploy-controller.js:122:27)
    at async Command.actionProcessor (C:\Users\necla\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\@forge\cli\out\command-line\command.js:76:32)

Hi Necla,
The log you provided doesn’t have enough information to investigate further. There is a Request ID associated with each request.

Could you provide either your app id present in your manifest.yml or the request id for the forge_cli_deployApplication present in your logs? That would greatly help the investigation.

1 Like

The problem has solved. After rolling back my changes one by one, I detected the code that causes the problem. Thanks for your time :slight_smile: