`forge tunnel` does not refresh Custom UI bundles

Hello,

while developing a Custom UI for a Forge app, we noticed that forge tunnel doesn’t pick up changes in the custom bundles.
We’re using Webpack to build those bundles and it would be great if the tunnel could pick up the changes and serve or upload the bundles referenced in the manifest when bundling is done. Or am I doing something wrong?
I’m on Forge CLI version 0.26.0.

Cheers,
Tobias

6 Likes

I can confirm this - would be awesome to get some kind of watcher on all of your resource-directories. :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1

This has some nostalgic effects on me, as forge with Custom UI feels like using P2 right now because of this :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This has some nostalgic effects on me, as forge with Custom UI feels like using P2 right now because of this

or you might have a webpack bundler for your p2 assets as well, in this case, the nostalgic effect is even greater :wink:

1 Like

Hey folks!

forge tunnel doesn’t currently pick up on changes to your custom UI bundles—in order to ship something you could try out we delayed this feature by a bit. For now, you’ll need to run a full forge deploy

It’s being actively worked on, though, and should be ready for you in the early new year. Stay tuned!

EDIT: Jira issue here: [FRGE-188] - Ecosystem Jira

9 Likes