Get System Issue Link Type mapping table

Hi,
as part of our migration, we need to “map” issue link type IDs, which usually change during the migration. We are using the mapping REST API to get the jira:issueLinkType namespace. How can we get mapping info for system link types (e.g. jira_subtask_link)?

Hi @david2,

Thanks for your question about system links. I guess you’re referring to the sort of links documented in

Can you give an example of what you’re looking for? And what’s you’d expect to see?

Regards,
James.

Hi @jrichards
I’m taking about issue link type that have the “system” attribute, such as the issue/subtask link type, the Epic/issue link type, the portfolio patent link type, etc. They are not visible on the issue linking web page but are returned by the LinkTypeManager.
They also exist inside Jira Cloud but are not exposed through the rest API.
The problem is, on Jira server/DC, we store their link type id just like any other link type, and when migrating, we need to recognize them fit what they are. Hence my question.

Hi @david2,

Right now I’m not sure what to say as I’m not deep enough into Jira to understand the exact use case. What I will ask, is if you have access then log a Suggestion ticket in the MIG project. Please make the steps to reproduce really clear. Give a server example and what’s required in the cloud and what the mapping would look like. I can see we have jira:issueLink and jira:issueLinkType` and I guess the requirement would be to add more data to those.

Otherwise, the only other way I’ve seen is to record what you can on server and send the data yourself though an data upload and then in cloud try and calculate and match what you can.

Regards,
James.

Hi @jrichards ,
unfortunately, only Atlassians can create tickets in the MIG project. Can you please create a ticket and I’ll add the details? The summary should be: “system link types are not included in the jira:issueLinkType namespace”
Thanks,
David

Hi @david2,

I’ve created

for you. Please watch, vote and comment on the issue.

Regards,
James.

Thanks @jrichards !