Glances / Right Context Panels Backwards Compatibility?

Hey everyone

The new Issue View is rolling out and we’ve noticed that (ours as well as other’s) add-on panels in the atl.jira.view.issue.right.context location doesn’t show up in it.

I’ve looked into the docs, figured out that the successors for right-side panels will be Glances, and found this:

Glances are backwards compatible with the atl.Jira.view.issue.right.context location, but we strongly recommend you create or update your app using the Atlassian Connect issue glance module to provide a high quality user experience.

So now I’m confused in which direction this backwards compatibility is supposed to work, boring old right context panels in the new Issue View or Glances in the old one?

Hi @fe1, I can help clarify this for you.

Glances are the successors for the right-side webPanels on the issue detail view moving forward. We have an entirely new issue detail view and we made some changed to the ecosystem extension points.

The backwards compatibility will only work on the new issue detail view. Meaning, glances only work on the new issue detail view and the old ‘atl.Jira.view.issue.right.context’ location of the Web Panel module will be visible in the new issue view as well.

Do you mind sharing your domain instance so I can check to see if you are enrolled in the Alpha program. Ecosystem support on the new issue detail view has not been rolled out past the alpha program yet. More information about that rollout will be published soon.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @tpechacek
Thank you for your response.

The backward compatibility you describe is what I was expecting. That’s why I’m even more confused why our add-on isn’t showing up. :upside_down_face:

I’m observing this behaviour on one of your dev instances for Atlassian Cloud development, that’s why we might have automatically enrolled in the alpha?
I’ll send you our instance domain via PM.