Group name required exception for byGroupId endpoint

Dear community,

I had this error once in my development instance but it disappeared. However it now showed up again in another instance:

Could not delete https://xxx.atlassian.net/wiki/rest/api/content/2706964516/restriction/byOperation/update/byGroupId/7731cb42-3066-4166-86bb-5ad5a0c4ca6f: org.springframework.web.client.HttpServerErrorException$InternalServerError: 500 Internal Server Error: [{"statusCode":500,"message":"java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Groupname is required."}]

As far as I understand the rest endpoint a group name should not be required for the byGroupId endpoint.

In case someone form Atlassian reads it: is there a kind of special roll out behind which explains this?

Thank you

Andreas

Hey @andreas1,
Are you consistently seeing this error on the 2nd instance or was it also a one time thing?
We are in the process of migrating restrictions from being based on groupName to groupId so it’s likely due to the rollout.

Dear @jjohn

thank you for your fast answer and sorry for my delayed response. I currently don’t know whether it still exists on the second instance as we rolled back our app to the version which still uses group names.

I expected that the the new REST endpoints work regardless at which state an instance is (migrated or not migrated).

Is there a certain point at which the migration can be considered as completed?

Thank you

Andreas

Dear @jjohn ,

we kept the group names for another three months and tried to switch over to group IDs again today. Unfortunately the problem is still the same. The REST endpoint which was designed by Atlassian to take a group ID returns the exception mentioned earlier that a group name is required.

Is the problem known?

Thank you

Andreas