Guidelines for requesting access to email address

Thank you for clarifying this, Alexandra.

Cheers

@akassab I have a request open since 25th of July, could someone finally take a look - Jira Service Management

Thank you for the guidelines. Could somebody explain me, can I request access to the Email API for a simple 3LO app created via Log in with Atlassian account if the app itself is private and still is in “In development” status?

1 Like

@DmitryBogomolov no 3LO apps can’t have access to the email API. Access requires at Atlassian Connect app key. 3LO apps should not need it as they will receive non-public PD for the users who grant access.

1 Like

I’m guessing that this also means that existing customers will have to manually approve the upgrade to newer versions (with extended scope) in “Manage apps” tab?

1 Like

I raised a Request access to the Email API ticket in DEVHELP a week ago. There’s been no follow-up from Atlassian yet. I think my ticket might have been lost due to refactoring DEVHELP. Could you suggest who to contact to check that?

1 Like

@akassab
How quickly can I expect my ticket to be reviewed?
It has been a few days now with no updates.

Thanks.

1 Like

@akassab Might be worthwhile to reference this info in the documentation here: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/?utm_source=%2Fcloud%2Fjira%2Fplatform%2Frest%2F&utm_medium=302#api-rest-api-3-user-get

@akassab How long it usually takes for the app from being approved to being included in whitelist so API can be used? I got my application approved month ago (24th of March), but still I cannot use the API

2 Likes

@akassab, same here, waiting for over a month and nothing.

DEVHELP-4272, 4273

2 Likes

@akassab,
We are a data integration platform that one of our clients requested access to the Email API.
After getting his access, will we be able to use his access to let him pull his data? Do we need to also request for access?

@TsilaHadad - Access is granted at the app level (where app is defined as a unique connect app key). You shouldn’t need separate apps for the same use case.

@akassab, thanks a lot for your answer.

1 Like

@akassab I’ve seen several posts about the turnaround time for getting approval for using the email API. I find myself in the same boat. Could you speak to the expected turnaround time for a request? Is there more that we, as developers, need to do other than create the request? Thanks!

@rgordonsg - We try to resolve requests for approval to the Email API within 7-10 business days however the team who reviews these requests also process new app approvals, changes to existing app payment models, refunds and remittance reports, as well as general issues / inquiries with the Atlassian Marketplace. Unfortunately, our backlog has been higher than expected and as a result our response times have suffered. @nmansilla and @WarrenChen are looking into this and may be able to shed some more light on what we’re doing to improve our support across the board.

In terms of what, if anything you (the Developer Community), can do to speed up the process for Email API requests specifically… please include all app keys (including app keys for testing and development) in your request. Also please update your data security and privacy policy to include language about what you intend to collect, why and how someone can request for their personal data to be removed. These additional steps will help us reduce back and forth to complete your request.

2 Likes

Related question: Using the regular Jira Cloud API endpoint at mycompany.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/user?accountId=xxxxx I can get email addresses for managed accounts, but not others. As hinted above, if the user sets their email visibility to Anyone, I get the email in the REST call.

I’m a bit confused about why the setting “Only you and admins” hides the email address from me - a Jira and site admin who is using my own API key to make the call.

1 Like

Hi @akassab could you (or someone else from the team) please look into DEVHELP-5247? Thanks a lot!

@akassab - Is there a way to access email addresses of my workspace while developing the application? I want to access them during testing before I submit an application to list the app on marketplace

1 Like

I feel am a bit lost in what the app is. I have OAuth2.0 3LO App. How do I get emails of the users?

We have get user email API which enables you to do that.